Friday, August 21, 2009

never forget... life is supposed to be fun!

I recently discovered that I am too serious. I have probably discovered this about myself several times within the last few years, but it never fails to surprise me.
See, the work I do will never excite anyone else if it doesn't excite me. So what is holding me back? I will probably be figuring that out forever, but I know part of it is that I am always trying to be right. I want everything I do to be just perfect and make everyone go, "OH! That's so smart, isn't that amazing?!" But the truth is, I will never figure it out if I don't enjoy what I am doing, and I won't enjoy what I am doing if I don't find the fun in it.

So I found this community that connects online to real life, and it is simply for fun and finding the joy in life. It's called dropspots. It's fun because you never know what you will get and hunting for something unexpected makes you feel like a kid again.

Maybe that is something to think about: we have the most fun when we act like chlidren. What do they know that we don't? Maybe it's what they don't know. Either way, my goal from here on out is to strive to be more childlike, in the playful sense, not the temper tantrum sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment