Saturday, September 19, 2009

It SHOULD Get Loud


I saw "It Might Get Loud" last night. Interesting choice of subjects (guitarists) on their part. I was a little unsure of how good it would be because I am not a big fan of Jack White's music, and I was kinda lukewarm on The Edge. Everyone loves Jimmy Page, but that man is cracked out.

Turns out it was quite interesting. I'm glad I saw it because I learned a lot. I respect Jack White a hell of a lot more now. Seeing his influences and what he strives to do was a really great insight to his work. I feel like anyone who pursues a creative profession should see this documentary.

I just really love how these guys did whatever it took to get where they wanted to go. They weren't always happy about it, they weren't always on top, they weren't always making money and famous. But they continued to do what was in their gut and that was to make music.

No comments:

Post a Comment