Sunday, September 6, 2009

Talk about creativity for the greater good!

I urge you to read this article. At first I was drawn in simply by the prospect of creating entire homes out of trash. What a wonderful and economical idea! Then I read the story and was just awe-inspired by Dan Phillip's life. This is a man who doesn't let ANYONE tell him how to live his life. He has held the most random smattering of professions that tells the tale of a person who blows with the wind and does what he wants to do. Refreshing.
What's more, I hope what he does catches on. It has caused the town in which he builds his houses to rethink the way they dispose of materials, and causing them to recycle heaps of things they normally would not. I hope that the rest of the country begins to adopt this philosophy. And who knows, if whatever I am doing right now doesn't work out, maybe I'll get into the carpentry business.

No comments:

Post a Comment